Take a tip in home renovation from one of our favorite interior guru’s, @drivenbydecor. After renovating her 1940’s Connecticut home she has learned some tips and tricks along the way and is sharing some of them below:
1. Breathe new life into a space by painting your walls white! Benjamin Moore’s Cloud White is my favorite white that’s warm without being too yellowy.
2. Maximize storage and organizational features when renovating your kitchen. Our renovated kitchen doesn’t have much more cabinetry than it previously did, but the organizational and storage features we added made it so much more functional.
3. Never underestimate the power of lighting to update the look and feel of a space! Adding a pendant light to our kitchen eat-in space gave it such an elevated look!
4. Add a fun element or two in kids rooms to make them spaces they’ll always remember! My daughter loves the swing chair we hung from her ceiling!
5. Hang your drapes high (several inches above the window frame) and wide to maximize the light coming into your room and make your ceilings look taller.
6. Small spaces like powder rooms are perfect for statement-making wallpapers that might be too bold or expensive for a larger room.
7. Personalize your space with decorative details that are uniquely you! In my oldest daughter’s room, we had art prints made for above her bed with the lyrics of one of her favorite songs!