The Sneakers You Need Now by Apalinaroza: Exclusive Q+Apalinaroza
Meet Paulina, a.k.a. Apalinaroza, streetwear enthusiast from Germany, Europe. We joined her in an exclusive Q+A where she reveals her tips and tricks for securing a sweet street style aesthetic, and the best sneakers to snap up now…
Read on to get the low down and shop the details via LIKEtoKNOW.it.
Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
My name is Paulina and I am 22 years old. At the moment I am studying economics and will soon start my master degree. Sneakers and streetwear have been my passion since I was about 14 years old. I love to discover new sneakers and put together outfits! It is important to me to create my own style, and never to look like everyone else.
How would you describe your signature style?
Oversized, casual and urban. Every now and then even a little bit girly. Overall, I would describe my style as versatile, but always striking. The key piece is almost always a pair of sneakers for me.
How did your love for sneakers and streetwear develop?
My sneaker or streetwear love story started when I was about 14 years old. One of my first couple of sneakers was a Nike blazer that I was so proud of. But I really started to get crazy about sneakers when I first visited New York City in 2012. There I saw all those sneaker and streetwear shops that did not exist in Germany. I loved the curation of the sneakers. For me, sneakers are more than just wearing shoes, it’s a lifestyle. In combination with cool clothes you can create really great, unique looks.
Top 5 sneakers right now?
1. The Nike Zoom 2K Black White – Classic Black / White Sneaker. The 90’s retro design is super trendy and really eye-catching in this color way.
2. The Nike Air Force 1 Low in All White, the absolute classic among sneakers and a must-have because it is wearable to anything and enhances any outfit.
3. The Nike M2K Tekno Barely Volt, because the color is just awesome! As a model the M2K is the perfect chunky sneaker and a neon sneaker may currently be missing in any shoe cabinet.
4. The Nike Air Max 97 London Summer of Love – super colorful and trendy! Exactly my vibe of sneaker. The different colors can be perfectly combined.
5. The Nike Air Force 1 Sage Low Pink, the color speaks for itself! Really girly and the silhouette is really beautiful.
Any tips or tricks for nailing streetwear?
For me it is very important that the colors match. Chunky sneakers are perfect for boyfriend jeans. Normal sneaker for skinny jeans. It is best if you build your outfit starting from the sneakers if it is a striking sneaker with many or bright colors, then add the clothing.
What can we expect to see next on your LIKEtoKNOW.it profile?
I will continue to post always current and stylish sneakers, which you can then immediately buy. Besides, of course I will put together outfits around these sneakers. So hopefully you’ll get some inspiration for your new sneakers. For me, it’s important that I represent different styles and above all, that my feed continues to look colorful and happy.