The start of a new year is always a good excuse to declutter and get organized! The queen of organization, @drivenbydecor, is sharing 7 of her favorite organizational hacks to try out this year. See her tips below and shop her favorite products!
- Organize your laundry room by using smart storage products including an over-the-door rack to hold your ironing board, a rolling cart to store your laundry supplies, and a collapsible laundry basket that’s super easy to store away when it’s not in use.
- To store extra throw pillows, separate the covers from the inserts – store the covers folded in bins like this and vacuum-pack the inserts to store flat under your bed!
- Trays are great for corralling a few things together and making everything look neater!
- Acrylic shelf dividers work beautifully for keeping everything organized and in place on closet shelves!
- In your kitchen have a hidden command center with everything from extra hair bands for you or your kids to grab in the morning to desk supplies, car keys, paperwork, coupons and more. It’s a great way to put an end to kitchen countertop clutter! I would suggest clearing out one drawer for this and organizing it with drawer organizers and separate compartments.
- In your pantry use long organizing bins and label everything so it all has a home and is easy to find. And here’s a tip for the oils and sauces you store in your pantry – put them on lazy Susan turntables to make them super easy to access!
- When we renovated our kitchen, we added several storage and organizational features to make our new space as functional as possible. I thought I’d share a few of my favorites that you might want to keep in mind if you’re thinking about a future kitchen remodel! They include our corner drawers (so much better than a lazy Susan!), my top drawer by our coffee maker that has a built-in outlet for hidden electronics charging, and our double pull-out trash bins and built-in paper towel roll holder.